MARINE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAFFIC SERVICES HISTORY IN CANADA
The station of Fogo, Newfoundland, was established in March 1912 and was first operated by the Government of Newfoundland and then by the Canadian Marconi Company.
The Fogo Marconi station was built near the town of Fogo by Canadian Marconi.
Fogo reported ice and weather conditions, communicated with sealing vessels and acted as a link for Newfoundland fishermen and merchant vessels working on the Labrador coast.
A 150 foot mast with antenna gave a range of approximately 300 miles. Power was supplied by an eight horsepower gasoline engine driving three generators.
The station was owned by Canadian Marconi when it closed in 1933 and the facility was dismantled.