MARINE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAFFIC SERVICES HISTORY IN CANADA
Central and Arctic Region
The station of Kingston opened on January 9, 1914 and was then operated by the Canadian Marconi Company and later on by the Department of Transport.
The Department of Transport 1938 annual report stated that all the Great Lakes stations, except Tobermory, were offering a ship-to-shore radiotelephone service.
Station was then giving a Direction Finding service on 410 kHz and providing a radiotelephone service on 1630 kHz. Weather broadcasts were done on 187 kHz.
In the spring of 1978 with the discontinuance of AM communications on the Great Lakes, Kingston radio was closed and became a remote site operated from Cardinal Radio.